Deloitte was asked by Google Australia to quantify the value of greater workplace collaboration, and the number is big:
- $46 billion per year – the value of faster-growing, profitable businesses with collaboration at their core
- $9.3 billion per year – additional value if companies make the most of opportunities to collaborate more.
Further, companies that prioritize collaboration are:
- Five times more likely to experience a considerable increase in employment
- Twice as likely to be profitable
- Twice as likely to outgrow competitors.
Yet more than half of Australian businesses have no collaboration strategy. As a result they – as well as the national economy – are missing out on some very significant benefits. [Read more]